SCS employs our multidisciplinary security team to protect the significant financial investment necessary to develop and operate a mine and ensure operations run without disruption.
By applying community integration strategies and helping develop secure communications, electricity, shipping, and infrastructure, our team of cultural experts can ensure the success of critical mining projects in light of volatile commodity prices.
Our security architects work with mine operators to develop technological, procedural and strategic solutions to develop proactive solutions for mining companies that prevent costly incidents before they occur.
- We help companies operating in remote locations establish positive community relations during all stages of a mine’s development
- Evaluation and generation of hiring strategies and corporate culture for mines operating in remote locations
- Community preparedness and engagement planning
- Holistic threat assessment of the mining camp, mine shaft, pipelines, electricity and infrastructure
- Secure communications and electric infrastructure planning
- Custom-designed security blueprints
- Review and generation of safety and security procedures and protocols
- Design security system for mining operations
- Train security operators and management in threat response
- Designed security plans for mines in Africa, South America and Central America at all stages of development — exploration, development and operational phase
- Conducted threat assessment and investigations of large-scale mines in Africa, North America, South America, Central America and Asia
- Trained over 10,000 security professionals of optimal threat response for mines as well as other critical infrastructure in remote and volatile regions of the world
- Run the operations and security of mines in remote locations throughout Africa
We emphasize the importance of involvement of the local population and understanding local culture in helping prevent attacks, ensuring productive relations in the workplace and early threat recognition. We approach each mine individually and develop customized solutions for securing mine sites, pipelines, shipping and transportation, mine shafts, and other critical points of the mine operation.